Friday, October 19, 2012

Time to Mix-it-Up (and a tribute to Shadow)!

The beginning of the week I decided that I was stuck in a rut. I needed a quick pick me up and a fun project to get my mind off things. I turned to Pinterest for some Halloween inspiration! I kept seeing all these cute pumpkins decorated in a non-traditional way. I decided to get out my paints, ribbon, and steady hand to create a Pinterest inspired pumpkin....this is my finished masterpiece. I love the way it turned out, even if it didn't turn out as perfect as everything on Pinterest! I am so obsessed with monograms and what better place to put one than on your pumpkin for all your neighbors to see! 




After my craft project I was still itching for a change. I started dying my hair in the seventh grade and haven't stopped since! My hair has been every color from blond, to brown, to red, to pink and blue (trust me when I say the pictures are terrible and I will never dye my hair on my own again.) I love changing my hair because it's the one thing that you can change all the time and it just keeps growing! I made an appointment about 3 weeks ago with a new hair dresser and I had a million ideas. I got to the Mia Alexander Salon and told Jillian that I wanted to look more Fall and that my hair was in her hands.... I love how it turned out! The color, the cut, the bangs, just everything. What do you think?? 



I'm so glad I was able to mix it up this week and make some changes. It has been a rough week since my mom and I decided it was time for our sweet old man Shadow to leave the earth. I cried an ocean of tears thinking about not seeing him again and being there as his soul left us. My mom promised she would tell him how much I loved him and that I would miss him forever. Today I feel so happy knowing he is at peace and smiling in the sunshine. It was the perfect week to try new things and not get stuck dwelling on the past. 
Our handsome boy. 

So lucky I was able to spend so many years on his shoulder. 

One of his favorite places. 

I'll always love you Shadow! 

I hope you all have a great weekend! What are your plans? Have you mixed it up lately!? 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment