Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Summer Reads

My favorite thing to do on a rainy and dreary day is put on my coziest outfit, hop in the car and head over to Barnes & Noble. To me there is nothing better than a room full of books, a good cup of coffee and the rain falling outside. It's just perfect! So a few weeks ago I ventured to B&N and left with two very good reads that I can't wait to share with you! 

By Jennifer Close


I picked up this little gem originally because I was drawn to the cover. I know everyone says you can't judge a book by its cover but who are we kidding, I am a sucker for anything cutesy! After reading the back cover I knew I had to give Girls In White Dresses a try and so I did. This is the perfect summer read for any girl in her twenties that is living a life she may not have originally planned for herself. It says everything we want to say to the girls we graduated with, the girls who date our exes, your current boyfriends exes, and the girls who are already married or planning their "I Do", while you feel like you just graduated college and don't know where to start. It's witty and funny and I think everyone can relate to at least one of the characters. I definitely recommend it! 



Okay, okay I know what you're thinking.....a silly book about dogs and how great they are filled with cutesy pictures of noses and paws...wrong! I first came across this book at my store, Fiore Boutique, and could not wait to sit down and dive in. If there is one thing you should know about me it's that I love my dog more than most people and couldn't imagine my life without him. This book is the best book for a dog person I have ever read. It's full of letters from regular people, children, celebrities and war veterans about how much their dogs have impacted their lives and what they have taught them about love, understanding and compassion. I suggest you grab a box of Kleenex and make sure your dog is near so you can love on them after every letter, because trust me you will want too. 


Have you read anything good lately!? 
I am now waiting on a rainy day so I can find my next read! 
xoxo




2 comments:

  1. We are twinsies. B&N is my favorite place in the whole world! I stopped there right before I left for vaca and picked up some new books. I'm reading The Scent of Rain & LIghtning, which is pretty good.. but now I want to read Girls in White Dresses! Let's trade books :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls in White Dresses is on my summer reading list! I just started the Game of Thrones series and I'm already obsessed!

    ReplyDelete